Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Decorating the wall

apart from the "celebrating for the sake of celebrating yesterday, I was actually looking forward to buy the 366 fairy tales book by brown Watson--to read Ivy one story everyday throughout the year; and two sets of  Barbie flash card alphabet...
To my surprise, the book was printed in a very small font and each page has three columns that makes reading painful! designed to be read everyday like of a daily devotion :D thus stories are in somewhat summarized and is very short except for the first story for the first day of every month. Not bad at all! 

As for the Flashcard, I intentionally bought two sets not for showing Ivy one by one but they are for our wall:
In my hope to make our room intellectually stimulating  environment for our growing baby :) the cheapest way and easiest way I guessed--A fancy flashcard, scissors, double-sided tape and time

A personalized wall, I spelled Ivy's name: C-H-A-R-L-O-T-T-E-I-V-Y-M-A-R-I-E using the flashcards, the rest of the cars randomly lined Ivy's name:)
In time, Ivy will be familiar to her name, how to spell, and later on will learn how to write...
I stayed late the other night designing our wall...

First, I put the all the letters of  her name in arc form and also added pictures of Ivy in group as one barbie picture, two barbie pictures to four barbie pictures...
second, I tried to just line-up Barbie's picture horizontally... 
And because rearranging cards, sticking them, peeling them off creates an annoying sounds Ivy woke up while I'm working... 
We went to bed with this design :)
but this morning, I decided to rearrange the card once again...

and there! thats final! because I have no way to rearrange again...I don't have double-sided tape left to stick cards anyway:D
I bet they love my work :)
I love you Ivy!



No comments:

Post a Comment